Increasing Speed & Security
As governments continue to modernize their technology systems and data management, secure cloud regions are an obvious necessity that provides greater efficiency, security, and flexibility – all while increasing functionality and reducing costs.
As a leading public sector software and services firm, Civix offers our technology products on Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud (US). This group of Amazon cloud regions is designed to host sensitive data, regulated workloads, and address the most stringent U.S. government security and compliance requirements.
Clients rely on Civix for solutions that perform at the highest possible levels, and AWS is enabling us to continue pushing the bounds of speed, efficiency, and agility.
AWS GOVCLOUD (US)
AWS GovCloud (US) allows us to provide clients with dynamic elasticity, scalability, redundancy and improved cybersecurity. This is especially important for governments, which are under increased scrutiny and faced with persistent security threats. As the provider of SaaS for voter registration, election administration, business services, and ethics administration to 36 U.S. states, we rank the cloud as a clear best practice. This level of security, speed, and transparency is essential to boosting voter confidence, and the technology developed by Civix and run on AWS GovCloud (US) enables our clients to achieve all three.
In terms of security, AWS GovCloud (US) gives governments and their partners the flexibility to architect secure cloud solutions that comply with compliance regimes. We’re committed to providing a cloud environment that exceeds states’ compliance needs while allowing them to take advantage of the agility and innovation that the cloud provides.
AWS GovCloud (US) is an isolated AWS region operated by employees who are U.S. citizens on U.S. soil. The region is only accessible to vetted U.S. government entities and root account holders, who must confirm they are U.S. Persons to gain access to this region. From Personally Identifiable Information (PII), sensitive patient medical records, and financial data to law enforcement data, export-controlled data and other forms of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), AWS GovCloud (US) can help customers address compliance at every stage of their cloud journey.
Over 50 global compliance certifications & accreditations
Infrastructure built for the most security-sensitive organizations
Identity & access management
Security enhancements attuned to customer experience
LAYERS OF PROTECTION
Working with AWS, Civix has built in innovative automation that ensures unique state government security controls are implemented by default, allowing for streamlined governance across multiple government customers. In addition, the Civix 360 Security services help provide peace of mind for government officials, building software on a foundation of best practices that include:
• National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Standards: Aims to align with the most stringent cybersecurity frameworks in the U.S. federal government.
• Defense-in-Depth Strategies: Implements specific countermeasures in layers to defend against cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
• Zero Trust Architecture: Prevents any user or device, inside or outside a network, from accessing an IT system until authenticated and continuously verified through a robust Identity and Access Management program that allows access to only necessary, specified resources.
• Automated Provisioning: Facilitates end-to-end automation based on specifications, policies, and analytics – without the need for human intervention and opportunities for human error.
• 24/7/365 Continuous Monitoring: Partners with Optiv, a leading managed security service provider (MSSP), to deliver around-the-clock security monitoring services that ensure preventive and ongoing real-time operational measures.
• Best-in-Breed Security Tools: Taps into the power of best-of-breed security tools, such as AWS, CloudFlare, CrowdStrike, Optiv, Qualys, and MimeCast.
This collaboration with AWS is one of many advancements in Civix Government, which include the opening a Center of Excellence to focus on innovation in GovTech and the standing up of an Elections Operations Center to provide constant support to help governments prepare for future elections.
How can we help?
Contact our team today to learn more about our products and services for your industry.